I have a big doubt.. please help me

The Hersheys cocoa says to be 100% natural but I am not sure of using it, i

Comments

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

What are the ingredients? 100% cacao? If you list out the ingredients for us, we may be able to help.

Cocoa and cacao are very different. Cocoa is often processed with sugars and milks, while cacao is the beginning form of the plant and minimally processed (some processing takes place to separate the fat for cacao butter - nibs have the fat still and are the broken down pod/bean - and the powder is usually lower in fat).

Cacao is not technically raw, but a lot of us (self included) still indulge from time to time. The fermentation process often raises the temperature above 145 F, well above the 114 thought to be the maximum for foods to still have their enzymes intact. It is a stimulant, but there are still health benefits associated with cacao in its purest form - although many of us will debate the point back and forth.

"100% natural" and "good for you" are two very different things. Something can be considered natural and have "natural flavors" and "natural sweeteners" that aren't natural at all. It may also still contain whey and other non-vegan ingredients. It all depends on the ingredients.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

What do you doubt? That it's natural? Pure? If it has no cow milk added or refined sugar, just use it up til it's gone (assuming you watn to partake in chocolate).

• Well it's 'natural' by Hershey's standards, meaning it may not have sugar and chemicals added to the box, but it's not 100% natural by our standards of not being cooked to death and processed with chemicals