Blueberries

Is there something with blueberries that might upset a sensitive stomach? I've been nose-to-the-screen with google for ... well, okay, for like five minutes and I feel like this is the fastest way to find out. That is because a. You're all so clever, and b. I'm much to lazy to search this out on my own. It's just a curiosity because I love blueberries, but whenever I put 'em in my smoothies (even just eating a plain handful'll do the trick) they really upset me...

Comments

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Unfortunately some people can have allergies to things as healthy as blueberries. Also it may be some of the pesticides they are using. Berries are heavily sprayed with pesticides and some people get reactions to it. Are they organic? If they're to expensive to get fresh organic you can always use frozen ones in your smoothies.

• thanks kurite:) I feel like it's a bit of a food sensitivity, like you suggested...

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Blueberries are a low-pesticide residue fruit.

What else was digesting in your stomach?

• hmm, that smoothie was bananas, mango, and strawberry....would that combination make a difference?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I htink that combo is probably fine, but what did you have to eat in the 36 hours beforehand?

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Do you keep the skin on the mango because people can have severe allergies to it.

• oooh, superfood2, that's a tough question...usually it's just salad for dinner, but I'm going to keep a food journal and see what foods are going in before the blueberries; maybe that'll give me a clue. Kurite, I don't keep the mango skin on -- I find it bitter, anyone else? -- but I wonder if it's just in my head that it's upsetting my stomach?

• even without the skin, I think mangos can be upsetting. anytime I have mango, I get an upset tummy...nothing major, I still eat mangoes anyway, but I definitely am sensitive to them.