Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

To eat or not to eat?

Well I made a salad this evening and I'm just not feeling it. It's my favorite salad, too! What's the deal?

Here's my situation:

I'm broke till payday and am very limited in what I can eat. I already ate up all my fruit for the day, and this is the last meal I had "planned." I'm not digging it. I don't want to force it down. But I'm going to in order to get my calories and nutrients.

What would you guys do in this situation? What would you recommend? I have a feeling this will inevitably happen again.

To eat or not to eat?

I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks!

Comments

• Not to eat. If your body is telling you not to eat it, it knows best. It's for a reason, and in this instance you may very likely end up with indigestion. One of the hardest things for me to learn is how to properly plan what I need and then what I teventually inevitably want and crave, while on a budget. I end up shopping, then want what I don't have, then get stuck with unappealing and limited options for much of the week.

• For next time, maybe try keeping on hand a back-up supply of a cheaper fruit like bananas. Bananas are an easy way to get in the required calories, so buy a lot, more than you think you'll need. You can always freeze them if they start getting too ripe, for banana "ice cream"!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I'd say it's probably best not to force food down unless you're literally passing out from lack of calories.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

not eat. consider it an improptu water fast. :)

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I would still nibble at it a bit. You dont want to under eat, have you gotten all of your calories? Perhaps in the future stock up on bananas and nuts as they are dense to keep you full and high calorie.

• Okay, thanks! I'll do that next time!