Horum Slow Juicer -- reviews???

Does anybody have one of these? http://www.slowjuicer.com/

I'm thinking of getting one and I'm looking for reviews from folks who have actually used one.

Comments

• oops that should read Hurom not Horum .... anyway - the link works.

• jakkrabbitjakkrabbit Raw Newbie

Here's a reply I got on one of own threads:

February 10, 2010 - 7:44am #7

RawLibrarian

Posts: Jakkrabbit--the Omega Vert and the Hurom are basically the same juicer. They are made at the same factory in Korea. Omega just puts its own label on the Vert.

I got a Hurom and love it. However, even with running water through it, I would not call it 'self cleaning'. Instead, I would call it 'easy to clean'. I still take it apart and wash it out, but it is way easier to put together and take apart than my Champion. Plus, the Champion doesn't juice greens, and the Hurom does that very well.

I got this juicer because I wanted green juice, and a juicer that didn't take up a lot of space. I have almost no counter space. The Hurom was exactly what I wanted. Oh ... it does come with a tamper, and I do use it sometimes, but it will suck almost everything into the juicing mechanism. However, some tamping is required, at least for me.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I watched a Youtube vid comparing the two, and basically the only real difference is that Omega is a 60-year old American company which offers a ten year full warranty, whereas Hurom is a new company and only offers a one to two year warranty on the juicer itself, with a ten year warranty on the motor only. This alone would make me go for the Omega! I'm planning on getting the Omega Vert when I have the money. If you want to see some comparison demonstrations, and find out the differences/similarities between the two machines, just visit:

Hurom Slow Juicer and Omega VERT VRT330 Juicer Revisited and Hurom Instant Rebate Announcement

Omega VERT VRT330 Juicer Juicing Demonstration vs Hurom Slow Juicer

• thanks for the info ... I'll check it out!

• I rec'd my Hurom juicer yesterday ... I love it! It is the best juicer I have ever used ... works just like all the videos show, and it cleans up like a dream.

Love it, Love it, Love it !!!!!

Hey, that's fantastic! I myself am saving up for the Omega Vert, just for the fact it has a better warranty. But, I've heard that the Vert/Hurom leave a LOT of pulp in the juice, requiring straining. I don't want to have to spend time straining my juice! What's your experience with your Hurom so far? Has it left your juice really pulpy?

• No jakrabbit - I don't strain the juice. It does have a teeny bit of pulp in it, but I don't mind that. You could juice directly into a nutbag inside the container and give it a quick squeeze if you like perfectly 'clear' juice tho. In fact, I did that when I first used it for greens, thinking it would be best, but there was so little pulp in the bag, I now don't bother at all.

I have a greenstar, a champion, and a breville. Since receiving the Hurom, the others simply haven't been used at all.

• Hi Rawlady,

That was my review that was posted earlier in this thread. I am so glad you are loving your Hurom!! I really like mine. Like you, I have a Champion and never use it--I'll be listing mine on Craigslist.