Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

lunchtime at the office

Hi guys, any good ideas for lunch food? Breakfast is easy when you can eat at home, and same with dinner. But what about easy to prepare, on the go food? Ive been eating raw mixed nuts, cherries, blueberries and bananas today. But think maybe Id like to mix it up a little and not just eat nuts and fruit every day. What do you guys do??

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I often do smoothies for lunch. Whether they are made out of fruit or greens. Salads are great for on the go, just pack your dressing seperately. But you can also make all kinds of veggie salads (carrot salads, cucumber+tomato salads, coleslaws, etc…) Or just bring along some odds and ends veggies. I make various dips out of tahini and having some made up in advance comes in really handy. If you are still going through your transitioning, you can make sandwiches or wraps out of ezekiel bread. It’s really good! But you can also use large lettuce leaves for wraps.

Best of luck to you! :-)

• thanks coconutty! Im planning on making wraps with lettuce leaves tonight. Im so excited about my transition.;p

• hi queera. i usually pack a salad for lunch -lots of baby spinach or kale topped with sprouts & chopped veggies and a light dressing of apple cider vinegar & olive oil OR lots of baby spinach/kale topped with sprouts and hummus or a bit of nut pate or a red pepper/corn salsa. i also make lots of wraps like coconutty. hope that helps!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hey queera… do you have a fridge at work? You could make an extra-large smoothie in the morning and have half for breakfast and the other half for a mid-morning snack (or for lunch if you can wait that long… I never can). I do that a lot and it works out well. For lunch I almost always either take a homemade salad or buy a ready-made organic one at the co-op down the street. Today I made coleslaw with cabbage, carrots & beets, with dressing in a separate container. Another thing I like to do is put my salad in a big ziplock bag (like gallon-sized… I eat BIG salads) and when it’s time for lunch pour a little dressing in, zip it up and shake-shake-shake until it’s all nicely coated. I’m pretty much a klutz, and stirring dressing into salad in a bowl – no matter how big the bowl is – always ends up with salad on my desk, salad on the floor, in my lap, etc… hehe. I’d rather have it in my belly, thank you! And the ziplock method also lets you use far less dressing, which I like. Heh… the ziplock method… sounds like some kinda crazy self-help book or something. ;o)

• Hi Queera.

This is a really cool idea for lunch here. I think Tiffns are really useful for lunch boxes too. :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_5HnFiOXY&mode=...

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’m so glad this topic is going on! Ray and I are moving from a home studio to an office in two weeks and our eating is going to need to change a bit as a result! I’d especially like to hear if you have any ideas without having a fridge at work, as we’re going to attempt to go without one if practical!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Hmmmm, things shouldn’t be too hard as long as you keep it simple! Most fruits and veggies (I’ve found out) keep quite well for shorter periods of time without a fridge. Even basic salad dressings like vinaigrettes don’t require refrigeration! (only for the longer term). I guess if you want a salad and are worried about the greens wilting, just pack them up in a little insulated lunch box. Eh, you guys will be fine without a fridge! :-) The one thing I would say that doesn’t do too well without refrigeration would be smoothies, or juices. If I don’t finish mine right away, the rest always goes straight to the fridge! Good luck with the move!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Definately take the time to make up lunch the night before. Make a great salad with grated zucchini and carrot to fill you up and lots of salad greens. Then make a creamy dip like hummus or nut/seed pate and take that too. Voila. For sweets you could make some fudge balls using ground seeds and fruit. It’s really good to have simple ‘fast’ food to make you not feel like you’re missing out on what others are eating.