Weight gain?

Hi I weighed myself today and I always weighed the same, but after I ate the raw foods and drank water, I gained almost 4 extra pounds right after I ate.

What does this mean? Does eating add extra pounds on you? Or Did I actually gain weight.

The next morning I go back down to my regular weight.

Comments

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

Yes, food and water will definitely make you weigh several pounds more right after eating.

For the most accurate results, weigh yourself right after you wake up, after you've peed. If you're someone who is very concerned about your weight, and would be very upset to see a hgher number, I'd say never weigh yourself at any other time in the day.

And, keep in mind, even if you're a bit higher one day, it could just be from water retention, sodium, your menstrual cycle if you are a woman, etc. I very highly doubt you'll gain on raw unless you were undernourished before, so don't worry!!

The Rawtarian
  • Thanks for the advice!!!

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Yah all a scale does is weigh your total body weight which includes things you just put in your body aka water and fruit which are both pretty dense. So if you eat 4 pounds of food you will temporarily weigh an extra 4 pounds. But very few people are actually able to gain weight on a raw vegan diet.

The Rawtarian
  • mallorymallory Raw Newbie
    sweet said:

Hi I weighed myself today and I always weighed the same, but after I ate the raw foods and drank water, I gained almost 4 extra pounds right after I ate.

What does this mean? Does eating add extra pounds on you? Or Did I actually gain weight.

The next morning I go back down to my regular weight.

Yes I agree that most of the time we weight more during menstrual periods, also many women consume other junk foods during menstruation that increases your menstrual cramps also your body weight,  it is better to consume food containing vitamins and nutrients that will not only help in maintaing your body weight but also help in maintaining your menstrual health, you can also try cup menstruelle during periods so that your menstrual hygiene is also maintained.

The Rawtarian
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I would weigh myself first thing in the morning so the daily weight was somewhat consistent, but even then you can expect there is be day-to-day fluctuations of several pounds. It's about looking at the long term changes over several weeks, months, etc. 

The Rawtarian