Raw Spanish Nuts

I just bought some raw Spanish nuts. They look very much like raw peanuts. Can I make cheeses with these as well? Any ideas on what I can use them for? Can I just substitute them for other types of nuts in recipes? I’m really new to working with any type of raw nuts, or any sort of gourmet raw recipes. I wish there was a way to do an ingredient search in the recipes section, haha.

Thanks for all of your help!!

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have a recipe for nut cheez under my name if you are interested. It does take a while to make though but it is a fun experiment and you always get a interesting tasting spread or pate out of it.

My recipe is for Brazil Nuts but you can do it will all kinds of nuts. My bf has made nut cheezes from almost every type of nut imaginable. (not spanish nuts though!) and they all render a different cheesy taste.

(FYI there are different sort of miso paste you can use too if you don’t have the mugi – the taste may turn out differently though).

If you end up making it, let me know how it turns out with the spanish nuts! I would be very interested!