Pastas

Is there a way to make something that is more like real pastas in the dehydrator? The yeast thread got me thinking about it. I was just wondering if there would be a way to make spinach, tomato, or other types of pastas in the dehydrator, sort of like breads and crackers, but maybe not leave them in as long?

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I bet!!!!!!!!! Might take some tweaking of recipes, but no doubt I think you could!

• I’ve been brainstorming on ways to substitute items I love while transitioning. And my dehydrator comes in next week, so I’m getting all sorts of ideas!!

Oh, I’m glad that you think it can be done =D I cannot wait to try!!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I know people who have taken the zucchini noodles and dehydrated them a bit and got crunchier noodles. But I know what you mean about the pasta. It would be great to take our bread and cracker grains and do a pasta!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I’ll bet that if you took a standard raw bread/cracker recipe and piped it onto a dehydrator tray using a pastry bag (like frosting a cake), that it would dehydrate into noodles. I will give it a try the next time I make crackers/bread.

• Hi La Petite, I used a spiralizer and did acorn squash and then dehydrated the strips. They were really great. Just add a little hot water to soften them up later. They will keep a really long time too. They also only took a couple hours to get super dry. You can also eat them dry like vegi jerky!