Farmers Market Locations

Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Farmers Market Location in the USA

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I was thinking with spring here it won't be long and the markets will be popping up. It would be useful if we had a list of where all of them are. I know that Being in a Semi I can't always go to them but some times I see them in passing but it is to late to stop.

I would love to have a listing that tells exactly where they are located, such as exit numbers or mile markers. So when we are planning our routes I can look at the list and see if there are any we can stop at.

And then Others that are not sure where to go can also make good use of the list also. It would make a lot of peoples life easier being able to find fresh produce and make going raw easier.

So what do you all think?

Would like to create a spreadsheet or some kind of database that the listing of farmers markets can be assessable to everyone. Maybe on my blog (not sure it is possible need to find out) or maybe Ray and Candice could have one on gone raw. Not sure what would be all involved or if it is something they would want to do.

So I am asking for help from all of you.

Having the listing would help to eliminate unwelcome excuses to be raw by making fresh fruits and veggies more available to us all. (at least during market seasons)

Like my excuse I would eat more raw but do not always have access to it. I run out of food in the frig out here in the semi and then hmmm will I use excuse time or I AM GOING TO DO IT, lol

I need to be more proactive in looking for sources of food. And incorporate those areas into my routes.

Instead of waiting to arrive somewhere and having the excuse well, there is nothing around here so I guess I have to have a cheeseburger or whatever or but the salad looks gross. I feel guilty but not enough to not eat it.

So this is one idea to get rid of some excuses that are holding me back from accomplishing my goals. And a way to help others at the same time.

btw

My new blog (and I do mean new, only have posted an introduction so far) is http://mymeowsrawlife.blogspot.com/ Blogging is new to me but I a hoping to use it as a tool to remind myself WHY I want to be raw and to find ways to eliminate my excuses in all areas of my life.

So if anyone would be willing to send me an email (visionquestJ22@yahoo.com) or something to give advice on blogging I would really really really appreciate it.

I would really like to have the market listings available on it.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Philadelphia, PA:

43rd and Baltimore, Saturday mornings

18th and Walnut, Saturday mornings

Broad and South, Wednesdays

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

Pittsburgh, PA

East Carson St. in the Southside. Tuesday, 3-6pm

Penn Ave, Strip DIstrict, Saturday mornings until 12 or 1 I believe.

A good map of the rest, with days and times:

http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/parks/html/farmers_market_map.html

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

A really good directory:

http://states.farmersmarket.com/

Cool thanks!! Here are three I have seen so far.

In Oklahoma

On Route 69 on the south edge of Stringtown on south bound side of road.about two miles after truck stop

Then about two miles farther down there is another one.

In Arkansas

On I-40 Mile marker 271 East Bound side (with truck parking), not sure of the exit number

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

Why don't you look on the internet? For example, if you type farmers market in the search bar and add the zip code, you will find exactly what you are looking for. If that doesn't seem to work, you can type in farmers market plus the state or .gov and you should find that state's listing for ALL of the legally recognized farmer's markets. Don't overcomplicate things. Contact the government, thats what you pay taxes for. Good luck!