Food combinations, specifically fruit

I have a question on fruit/nutrition. I know the food combo rules, but is it worse to have the fruit knowing the stomach's not empty yet and have the digestion issues, or eat the fruit.? Would I still gain the nutrition of the fruit? Hope this makes sense as it's doing my head in trying to weigh this up.

Comments

• I've never really thought about it, but I've never had a problem just eating fruit. I will say though that my green smoothies do feel a bit squirrely first thing in the morning....I usually leave those for after my oranges at breakfast. Usually about two hours later really, or whenever I'm hungry.

Personally? The key is to eat when you're hungry and stop when you feel it's been enough. Your stomach is quite vocal if you listen:) How very insightful that sentence is hey? haha!

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I say if you feel fine eating the fruit after something else, then go for it! If you do have issues with fruit after other foods though, then I would suggest following the rules of food combining, because they really do help. I do think that the fruit ferments a bit in your belly if it cant exit as fast as it is supposed to, so it may cut back a little bit on the nutrition you can absorb from it.