Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What am i doing wrong?

I am going to post what i eat today as it happens and I would really really like to know some thoughts on what I'm doing wrong. I cannot seem to lose this weight that i've put on and it came out of nowhere. Thank you for any suggestions in advance

9am- 4 cups (32oz) green smoothie- 3 pears, i small papaya and 2 leaves of kale

11:30am- 2 small bananas

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

your morning diet seems fine. what do you eat for lunch and dinner ? are you exercising or doing physical activity? i noticed that since i started walking everywhere (to work, to the park) that i've lost some fat.

• i haven't had lunch yet but i will be eating some bread made from from mostly butternut squash and a little flax and dried coconut. i think i put carrot in there too but i'll check the recipe. I'm eating that with a salad that is shredded carrot and daikon radishes with lemon/lime juice, curry, turmeric, dried coconut, a little macadamia nut oil and salt. i bought non-raw hummus because i was craving it which i might eat with it. Honestly, that part is very rare for me so i wouldn't dwell on that for my problems!

I'll probably eat around 1:30

I really haven't been doing much physical activity. but this week i've started walking to work or home which is about 45-55 minutes and getting 20 minutes of pilates in.

• Hi there.

First off, how long have you been Raw or mostly raw? I've noticed that it takes a very long time for your body to adjust to your new diet and once it does the weight will start to MELT off.

(and yes, I still cheat a bit here and there).

Exercise even a bit will help tons. If you can do a few minutes of walking in the morning that will really help.

The other thing ... your picture doesn't look like you are needing to drop much weight, so that makes a big difference.

Try also eating within an hour of waking; this is VERY VERY VERY important. This keeps your metabolic rate up and without eating it could drop to 85% of it's potential.

• I've been raw for 1 year and 4 months. the weight did melt off a few months into starting raw and that picture was taken last spring- since then i think ive put on about 10 lbs out of nowhere! This is why I'm reaching out for help because I'm just confused. I also used to use bee pollen, maca and spirulina regularly which i don't anymore. I would really like to get back to where i was because i was comfortable there.

I don't eat within an hour of waking and i used to so maybe i should. i get up about 7 then don't eat my smoothie until i get to work about 9:15-9:30

Thank you, thats a good start :)

• I eat a LOT of bananas, but they are lots of sugar ... try cutting back. In my smoothie I've been trying to do different things other than bananas or if I do eat a 'nana in my smoothie I only use 1/2 and use LOTS of ice and/or berries.

Even if you could eat 1/2 banana in the am ... then your smoothie later that would help tons!

then skip the 'nanas for lunch and eat an apple or a low sugar veggie.

Sometimes just mixing it up helps stimulate the metabolism= like eating your big meal for breakfast ... and eating more often (but less) throughout the day.

GOOD LUCK ... and keep us updated.

• MelissaReed's right; I'm at the MELTING phase (the fat melting phase that is) and I feel like no matter HOW much low fat fruit I eat, I still lose weight and that's ok (I've got a few to lose I feel)...just stay with it, and my advice is to keep your fat intake very low...you don't need it like you think you do. Read 80-10-10.

• That's really interesting Melissa, I wonder if my metabolism is lazy because i always eat a bigger meal towards the end of my day, It might be fun to have a flax pancake with fruit for breakfast occasionally :) I'm going to look up lower sugar fruits and here's a positive- i'm really getting into juice so i hope it helps. Weight gain is so depressing you know! You don't even know you're doing it until your pants dont fit! Tabbycats I know a little about 80-10-10 and if that's what you're following, do you eat a lot of high sugar sweet fruits or is it more some apples, berries and pears?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I eat high-sugar fruits to fuel my body.

Worry about nutrients and fuel first, size and weight later.

Take care of yourself.

Combination of squash, this and that, flax, coconut, spices, and dehydration aren't good for your health, at least not as good as fresh, ripe, juicy fruit.

• i completley agree with superfood2, 100%

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

There is no "right" or "wrong" by the way. Do what you want to do and what you enjoy and that makes you feel best. Life's a journey.