Antibiotics and rosacea

Hi... I am about 90% raw now since about April, but I am still taking medications...high blood pressure, thyroid, anti-depressants, high cholesterol.... AND antibiotics for rosacea. I'm wondering if anyone has advice about when and how to wean myself off the meds (except the thyroid, my thyroid does not function now, so I have to have the replacement, but I eventually want to stop the other meds). Most of my health problems are related to obesity....I've lost about 65 lbs since the beginning of the year (have a bunch to go yet), and I'm feeling better...

I don't want to suddenly stop the antibiotic and go back to the skin problems I had with rosacea, but I also don't think the antibiotic is doing my digestive tract much good.

Does anyone have suggestions of natural ways to deal with rosacea and will it improve as I detox? I've been told that once you have it, you have to deal with it the rest of your life. The doc has me on 200 mg of doxcycline a day as a maintenance level, because when I stopped taking it after the initial 3 weeks, the rosacea came right back... But that was before going raw... so I'm curious if anyone has experience or knowledge about this subject, rosacea/antibiotics/raw lifestyle?

Thanks, Jackie

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

There are a few causes of rosacea, one being that intestinal bacterial overgrowth can cause it.

Watch with the chronic anti-biotics as you'll wipe out your good flora, make sure you replace the good bacteria afterwards with fermented foods such as water kefir, cultured veggies etc.

Ill be back with more info later, well done on the weight loss also:).

• So basically, the antibiotics which is what the doctor has prescribed for the rosacea, is actually setting me up for more of the same, right? I think it's time to start doing probiotics... I'm also going to do some fermenting.... I was also drinking Kombucha regularly, until they took them off the market temporarily. I tried making it myself, but it came out way too strong... should try again...

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I was taking a tetracycline drug for my rosacea for many years and it never really cured it,just controlled it.

Since being mostly raw it has improved greatly but sometimes if I slip up it flares up again but can control it now with a lotion I use,script only though.

I do think it has somethink to do with the gut also.If I could get that right I think my skin would be too.

Bucha Belly

If intestinal bacteria is the cause then yeah the chronic antibiotic use will be leading you up for more or worse as they will be resistant to the drug.

ClaireT
  • greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I can't deal with antibiotics- they give me an upset stomach and the runs. I cured a tooth infection with olive leaf extract- it is a natural antibiotic. My dentist was surprised it worked! There are some natural antibiotics out there.

ClaireT

Unfortunatly most of the natural antibiotics also kill your good flora, so its wise to replenish good bacteria via fermented foods such as water kefir, cultured veggies etc if you do have to use a course of any antibiotics.

ClaireTDavyKOTWF
  • DavyKOTWFDavyKOTWF Raw Jr. Leader

JackieO   Those drugs that docs give you will only address the symptoms, which is the red rashes, etc breaking out on your face and elsewhere.  They won't address the initial cause.  Yep, if you take their drugs, then "you have to deal with it the rest of your life" will most likely be true. (That's all drugs do, they treat the symptoms and the doctors, who only take about an hour of nutrition in med school, only get richer as do the pharmacists and big drug companies.)   But that is not true if you will address the root of it all.  It has to do with your lymph system backing up.  Google 'John Rose Healing Secrets'  and maybe also John Rose Pneumonia'   This guy is one of the very top, if not the top, true experts in the world on all this stuff.  (i'm not associated in any way to him, just a fan)

He talks about how the colon is sort of the sewage system of the body and how it gets clogged up, backed up, etc.  When it does, things start going wrong.  If you have old fecal matter in your colon for a long time, there's going to be trouble ahead.  Things like rosacea, cancer, pneumonia, skin problems, just to mention a few.  Remember the rumor that John Wayne and Elvis had 40-50 lbs of old fecal matter in their colons.  It was most likely true.  That gave Mr. Wayne cancer and he died at about 72.  It took the King out at age 42.

Anyway, address the cause, and you can be free of rosacea.  Listen to John Rose, a true master on these things.  He will tell you there are 3 things you must do.  Do the first, and then you'll be ready for the 2nd and 3rd.  Eating raw, vegan, fruitarian, is SUPER, but it may take a few years to get in prime health. (because your colon, liver may not be clean enough to reap the benefits yet)  According to Mr. Rose, do step one, THEN go raw or vegan and you'll get super healthy a whole lot quicker.  

Imagine walking in to see your doctor 6 months from now, down 30,50-100 lbs and them not recognizing you, and telling them you're getting off his drugs; and also how GREAT you feel!