Nature's first law Jungle/heirloom peanuts

Hi everyone. Question on Nature’s first law Jungle peanuts.

I’m guessing since peanuts are a legume these need to be soaked,sprouted,and dehydrated. Has anyone done this?

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

They’re quite good on their own or maybe even sprinkled over thai food like a pad thai.

• Thanks queenfluff and Kandace. I’ll push ahead with the soak, sprout, dehydrate experiment and report back. (I agree though that they already taste good prior to soaking.)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

where does one find heirloom peanuts?

• Why, in the jungle, silly. just kidding omshanti.

You can get them at www.rawfood.com Here’s a link jungle peanuts

I expect to see some chocolate peanut clusters on your website menu soon! or if you can ship a raw frozen peanut buster parfait that would be good. haven’t had one of those in about ten years.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I eat them straight which is how David Wolfe eats them too. I don’t think he eats anything dehydrated.

They now (finally) come in a butter form too (of course you can always make it yourself at home). I have tried making them into a butter yet.

The Jungle peanuts are not like regular peanuts that we would normally eat here. They don’t have the alfloxin (sp?) that many rawies avoid peanuts for.

I am pretty sure you could soak, sprout and dehyrdate if you wanted too but I think NFL sells them so people can eat them as is too.

• Just for anyone’s future reference, the jungle peanuts do indeed successfully sprout.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

thanks avo! would you settle for peanutbutter cookies? i have a hankerin’!!! hmmmm=)

• wow those sound really good too. I wonder if there’s a recipe on here for those. have to check. let us know if you dream up a successful recipe. Of course now that you’re in the business it will become one of those coca cola like trade secrets. We’ll have to have them secretly analyzed. (by the jungle peanut-o-meter)