Food Combining

Hi there, I’m pretty new to the raw food world so as a guide I am trying the Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose (I tend to be very sensitive to radical change so I am trying to convert slowly). The book emphasizes proper food combining in addition to a raw menu.

I am very curious about food combining – I am trying to mix foods that go together but I’m not sure I am doing it right and getting a good balance of nutrients. Does anyone have any advice about this or can suggest some food combinations that work well for you?

Thanks!

Comments

• There are many threads already started here that go into this topic. Just search the forums. In a nutshell you should always be careful with fruits. They need to be eaten alone on an empty stomach, never mix fatty food like nuts or oils with sweet fruits, always eat melons alone (not even with other fruits). There are several other good and bad combinations. Here is a good link to a food combination site: http://www.alderbrooke.com/chart.htm

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

That’s the chart I’ve been using. I actually saved the chart and made it my desktop background on my computer! he he!