Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?

If you could only have one kitchen appliance (dehydrator, vitamix, etc....), what would be the one you could not eat raw without? TIA!

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

a knife.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Probably my blender, it is so easy to just whisk up a quick green smoothie if i dont have time.

Soon im going to purchase a vita-mix to see what all the fuss is about, my blender is on its last legs anyway.

Amla

• HDH74HDH74 Raw Newbie

Yup definatley a really good knife.

Having only recently started transitioning to raw I'm wondering if I might develop chopper's elbow lol. :)

ClaireT
  • majorcmajorc Raw Newbie

the bowl, i need something to place my food, especially the water/soup, but knife is important too

ClaireThellen
  • LuckyLeslieLuckyLeslie Raw Newbie

Best choice for me is stainless steel cookware. 

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's definitely a blender for me too. I need quick access to smoothies. 

• marinay4510marinay4510 Raw Newbie

Definitely my vitamix! I use it every single day, even a few times a day!

ClaireTitsmetoya
  • lea01lea01 Raw Newbie

The blender for sure!! I use it for smoothies, desserts, soups, etc.

ClaireT
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Cutting board!

ClaireT
  • Sally C. OstlundSally C. Ostlund Raw Newbie

Knief

ClaireT
  • shinjirurshinjirur Raw Newbie

can i answer, gas stove? I dont want to eat raw meat food, if anything edible I bought, I would go and cook it..

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    shinjirur said:

can i answer, gas stove? I dont want to eat raw meat food, if anything edible I bought, I would go and cook it..

If you're eating that I would definitely cook it. Although, if you want to stay in the spirit of raw, I think cured meat is technically raw. There's sushi too :)

I still eat sushi wraps but without the fish...so pretty much nori, avocado, wasabi, ginger or whatever else I'm in the mood to throw in there. 

• PaulinePauline Raw Newbie

My BlendTec blender. Love it. It is a power house and I have used both the Vita Mix and BlendTec. I prefer the BlendTec. Plus, you can get a refurbished one on their website relatively cheap or buy a new one and they let you make monthly payments on it. Great investment.

• jacksanjacksan Raw Newbie

At least we've narrowed it down to an appliance. Still. it's so tough to say!! I have a Nutra Ninja Blender which I use almost daily and I love it. I also have a Raw Rutes Square Rutes dehydrator, and that gets used almost daily as well!! In terms of offering some fantastic tastes and textures I wouldn't otherwise be able to create on a raw diet, I have to go dehydrator. Raw Crackers, Fruit Leathers, Vegan Jerky, ETC

ClaireT