Ayahuasca dieta and raw food, anyone tried?

Joëy PhiJoëy Phi Raw Newbie

Hi everyone!

I just finished a month long dieta at an ayahuasca healing center in the Amazon jungle near Iquitos, Peru and I had to eat whatever the shaman fed me, which was strictly cooked food (+ fish and eggs) unfortunately. Needless to say, it was a real challenge for someone who's been a raw vegan for 5 years, but I wanted to respect my shaman's guidelines. I was so tired all the time though! Not sure if it was the intense ayahuasca ceremonies or the food or the combination of both...

Anyway, I am planning on doing another month long dieta in the very near future, but on my own and with 100% raw vegan food. I can't eat fruits, citrus or salt and as little fat as possible on the dieta, so I would rely on sprouts and veggies. I'm also wondering if a juice feast would be safe... Has anyone tried? Any complications? Feedback? Thanks!!

Jo

Comments

• Wow - that sounds rather amazing :) --- the retreat, that is, not the cooked foods :p

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Fruits are a good source of nutrients and calories any reason you cant eat them. Citrus fruit is common problem but what about the other fruits.

Remember nuts, seeds, seaweeds also, all good sources of nutrition and minerals.

• I tried Ayahuasca after being raw vegan for 8 years, and was raw during and there were no restrictions on what I could and couldn't eat... although my experience only lasted one day, so it sounds like that's part of the reason it differs so much from your experience. Anyway, I loved it so much and hope to try it again soon. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if I weren't raw... it was an extremely spiritual experience and was a major turning point in my life. Being raw, I felt euphoric the whole time and it really was something I would recommend trying if you have not done it while eating raw foods. There were no complications, but like I said, my experience only lasted one day and it was less of a "diet", and more of a spiritual thing.

• Joëy PhiJoëy Phi Raw Newbie

Sorry for the late reply, been traveling nonstop and forgot about this post...

durianrider your comment was rather ignorant, so I won't take offense. Ayahuasca is a medicine here in South America, in various countries such as Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Brazil... It's absolutely not a drug. And has been so for hundreds of years. I wouldnt picture anyone wanting to take it recreationally, it's quite unpleasant! I have seen people cure terrible diseases with it, so don't judge until you try it for yourself -it's a powerful natural medicine:)

Powelifer, we are not allowed to eat sweets/sugars during the dieta... So no fruits, sadly.

The Raw Dessert, yes he did song a lot of icaros, which was terrific!