Beginners Gardening Course (Southern California)

http://www.meetup.com/socalraw/events/53062752/

This beginner course will be taught by a UCCE LA County Master Gardener, Certi?ed Permaculture Designer, Elementary School Garden Teacher, Residential Garden Consultant, and the Co-Creator and Director of the Venice Community Garden.

643 Mildred Avenue, Venice, California [90291]

in between Clement Avenue, and Clark Avenue.

Date 3/24 Saturday

Time: 10am-12pm ...we could possibly walk over to my house and discuss afterwards, I am not sure if I have to work that day yet though :)

Cost: $20 per person, Please pay using a paypal account (if you do not have one and would like to hold your spot contact me via rawbeautyfood@gmail.com). Please be sure to say that the money being transferred is a gift, and do not write anything in the memo field other than Gift! My paypal account is rawbeautyfood@gmail.com.

RSVP: 15 people may sign up, please pay using paypal

Cut off date to RSVP is 3/15

Seeds: Lets all bring Organic Seeds to trade (optional)

Certification Offered: There will be a 4 series course offered in April (on Saturdays) whereby graduates will receive a University of California Certified: Victory Gardener Certificate for $100.

Weekday Courses: I am still in conversation regarding weekday courses as well. This course will focus on container and plot gardening as some of us live in apartments and do not have land :D

xoxo

Stacey Jackson

Comments

• The class will demonstrate and cover the following:

Sowing vs. planting details

Seed and plant spacing

Soil Saving Seeds/Nitrogen

Fixers/Dynamic Accumulators

Designing your space

Soil growing methods

Terrific vegetables to grow right now

Places to purchase our seeds

Answers to all of your questions

And a mentionable special way to grow our soil, our plants and ourselves...

What to BRING????????? ? Sunglasses, Water, Hat, A writing pad and pen, Your questions :)