Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Any recipe requests?

The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

I am looking for three ideas for raw recipes that you'd like me to create! 

Answers

• looloolloolool Raw Newbie

A recipe similar to fig newtons would be something I would like to try. 

ClaireTJanacetriciaw
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Is something like a meringue just dreaming? innocent

Janace
  • JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

Cannoli smile Even just a cannoli dip and a sweet cracker would be amazing 

kelseyg

Cannoli anything would be amazing! I haven't had one of those in forever. 

Cannoli's are my weakness. I need a raw vegan version. Pretty lease Laura-Jane smile

ClaireT

HI Claire, I found this vegan marshmallow fluf recipe. I wonder if you dehydrated it if it would be like a meringue. You would need to use a different type of sweetener because I dont think honey dehydrates well.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/04/30/healthy-vegan-marshmallow-fluff/

ClaireT

Altering the fluff recipe is definitely worth a try. Thank you, Janace! 

Janace

Claire, I was so excited this morning when I received my Doesn't Taste Like Chicken newsletter and there was a recipe for Vegan meringues! I have included the link below. It uses bean water like the fluff recipe I told you about. Her recipe calls for baking but I am sure you could dehydrate them instead. After all the oven temp is so low. You will have to watch them to figure out how long to dehydrate them for. Let me know if you make them smile Enjoy!

http://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/2015/07/05/vegan-meringue-cookies/?utm_source=itdoesnttastelikechicken.com&utm_campaign=1b03c9760b-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aea050a0cc-1b03c9760b-171331173

ClaireT

Awesome! I will never look at bean water the same again. smile

I know. Who would have thought it could be so useful to make something Yummy!

ClaireT
  • KathyKathy Raw Newbie

Hi Janace, 

I'm back on the raw horse and was just looking through Alissa Cohen's, Living on Live Food book yesterday.  There is a cannoli recipe in there!

JanaceClaireT
  • The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Great ideas here :) Added to my to-make list!

ClaireTJanace

Oh thank you Kathy. I just ordered the book!

What other recipes are in there? If it has cannolis, it has to have some awesome treasures. 

I am not sure but I will let you know when it arrives.

ClaireT
  • RomeyRomey Raw Jr. Leader

I would like to find a recipe for marinated and dehydrated dulse or other sea vegetables.  Read where somebody was talking about how good it is but I don't know how to make it.

Harmony1
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar
    Romey said:

I would like to find a recipe for marinated and dehydrated dulse or other sea vegetables.  Read where somebody was talking about how good it is but I don't know how to make it.

That sounds really good. I would be interested as well. 

Romey
  • bananamamabananamama Raw Newbie

Hey I am only a cross-over hybrid Rawtarian but I would love some recipes that use banana flour- they sell the Wedo brand it at the local market - so it's easy for me to get.  But there site has no raw recipes that are not smoothies.  you get the a extra benifit of resistant starch if you eat banana flour raw - I just ned a good recipe

ClaireTRomey
  • RomeyRomey Raw Jr. Leader

Is that the only ingredient, just bananas?  I have never heard of it.

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

There has to be something that can be done with banana flour. Maybe a raw cookie dough recipe? Put some raw chocolate chips in there and I'm betting it would be good. 

ClaireTRomey