Substitute for banana?

traceybtraceyb Raw Newbie

i have a sensitivity to bananas.  Any ideas on what I can sub in the smoothies, etc?

Best Answers

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar
    Answer ✓

Avocado adds bulk and creaminess

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

What about mango? It is somewhat close to the same consistency and tastes good in a fruit smoothie. 

Answers

• traceybtraceyb Raw Newbie

Thanks I'll try it.  

ClaireT

Let me know what you think Traceyb.

• traceybtraceyb Raw Newbie

Mango has worked out well.   I also used some avocado in smoothies but still am confused in the dehydrated (or not) cookies And pies where the mango would be too watery.   

I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the site and can' t easily find answers to my posts...ugh

thanks for your input all.

ClaireT

I'm happy to hear that the mango worked out for smoothies! I'm not sure about what to use as a substitute in cookies, other than possibly a sweetened raw almond butter.

• SmileenSmileen Raw Newbie

traceyb, I'm right there with you. Thanks for asking the question. I am actually highly allergic to bananas. It is disappointing because bananas make life so much easier embarassed 

You might try apple or pear pulp instead of banana is cookies. If you juice it is a great use of the pulp.

I've been reading a bunch of recipes lately that use the pulp from juicing. I think it's a great way to use the whole fruit. 

It really is because I hate to throw out the pulp it seems like such a waste. 

Right? Especially carrot pulp. There's just so much of it. I feel like I'm throwing out the entire carrot.