Testing Body pH

Hi Everyone, I am just wondering if anyone regularly tests their body pH? If so, do you test saliva or urine or both? Thanks! Christine

Comments

• i test my urine.. i was told to really know your ph, it is best to get your blood tested…

• I am regularly testing my urine first thing in the morning and according to the scale I am way too alkaline!!!!!!!!!!!!! My test strip turns dark blue in color. I know being that alkaline is not healthy, so what can I eat or do to get this balanced out???

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Maria23, actually, it’s not possible to be too alkaline (well, technically it is, but highly difficult to get to and maintain considering all your bodily functions cause acidity) What it could be is either- your kidneys aren’t doing very well and can’t process the acid, so they don’t extract it in urine, or you are eating things that are too acidic and it is causing your mineral reserve to leech out and into your urine. Is your diet balanced? This is just from information I gathered, I can’t tell you for sure that’s the case. I would focus more on how I feel rather than numbers and such.

• The health u feel is true than the health you measure. I was remembering my past, liver function and kidney function tests every two weeks. Then recalculate the dosage of medicine etc….After becoming raw, i’m least bothered, i didn’t done any tests for an year as i feel more healthy every day. Recently during our company medical test. The doctor told all the results are more than excellent!!! and asked “How are you maintaining?”

Regarding diet, it should be balanced try one meal acidic, another alkaline and lunch vegetables. One more idea, if u r not diabatic.Give ur system a complete rest by fasting for atleast 3days. Eating pomagranate is good for urinary problems. Same with tender coconut.

• Thank you Morning_theft and rawQatar. After I have been on a long master cleanse (which was 6 weeks ago) I changed my diet from vegetarian to almost 100% raw vegan. I do think that my diet is not balanced very well because usually I just eat a whole lot of fruits, some vegetables, and nuts (some of which are probably not raw). Lately I am tring to improve my diet with green smoothies and in the nearest future I am thinking about adding sprouts and fermented foods which I read about in Ann Wigmore’s books. When it comes to my kidneys I think they’re working fine because lately I have been craving and eating a lot of watermelon and I am urinating A LOT (maybe even too much?). My digestion however is another story. After the master cleanse I can’t seem to digest anything really well and almost every time after eating my stomach gets bloated. Could that have any affect on acid/alkaline balance?

• Ok, my PH balance last time I checked was 6.1 after two weeks on raw. I don’t really get this because after two weeks I would expect my body to be more alkaline, but it seemed very similar to before. I eat lots of greens, I know I should eat more, but it’s rather discouraging. I need to get more alkaline!