What percentage raw?

RomeyRomey Raw Jr. Leader

I would be interested in knowing what percentage raw some of you are?  When someone says they are raw, I have learned that it can mean anywhere from 50% to 100%.  Just curious about you on this site.

Comments

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

90% on a good week here. Less when visiting family. 

What percentage are you, Romey?

• RomeyRomey Raw Jr. Leader

Right now I'm only about 60%.  I have been as much as 90% in the past and maintained that for about a year or so but with family etc. it's hard.  I am working my way back up though.  Just curious as to how long you have maintained the 90%?  I know everyone is different and I notice that during summer months it seems much easier.

ClaireTHarmony1
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I think I'm around 60% too. Dinner is my hardest cooked habit to break so far. 

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

I'm going on about six months at 90%. Summer is definitely the easiest season to maintain that level. What did you do to keep a high level of raw in the winter? 

Is "gently warmed" still raw? Because that would go a long way to making winter foods "perfecto."

Gently warmed in the dehydrator helped me a lot. 

TammiTrue

There have been times in the summer that I was close to 100% but in the winter the most I could do was about 90.  I do drink herbal teas in the winter.

At what temperature (on average) does raw become cooked? Is there a science behind it?

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think that anything at or below food dehydrator temperatires is still raw, but I'm curious to find out what others think. 

I try to stay as raw as possible but since I am not 100% anyway I don't freak out about it or spend a lot of time worrying about how raw I am.  I don't really like to be labeled anyway.  I am trying to eat the most nutrition dense foods that I can for my health's sake and I know that the closer to 100% I get the better off I am. Even when I was close to 100% raw I figure there are always some things that might not be raw such as cashews or tamari or other things used in raw recipes. "Being raw" is not my biggest concern, being healthy is.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think that is a good perspective to have.  I know my coffee isn't raw, but I'm not giving it up (not that it can compare to your nutrient rich foods, it's just my life elixir). 

Romey

My vitamins are vegetarian, but I haven't gone over to the raw vitamins side yet. Not that I haven't window shopped for it a little smile and they do exist. I know Garden of Life makes some. 

I take the Garden of Life B vitamins.  They are a reputable company.

TammiTrue
  • Cynthia V.Cynthia V. Raw Jr. Leader

I have been 100% raw in the past.  Now i am just about 60%-- I still usually cook dinner or occasionally , lunch (in which case i will eat dinner raw).  It is hard for me.....I live in the middle of nowwhere.  No good farmers markets or health food grocers.  I don;t even have a grocery store less than a half hour away.  It makes it hard to get and keep all the veggies I will need for a week or two.  The fridge starts out bursting at the seams and then gradually becomes empty.  I have not been able to buy enough fruits and veggies to make juice with....I need them all to eat and get me through the span of time until I shop again.