veggie bread from Quintessence's

Anyone had the veggie bread from Quintessence’s in New York. It’s so good but can’t figure out what was in it since I only had it once.

BTW their web site is http://www.raw-q.com/ out of this world raw food!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Did you actually go thee and have a meal??? I just looked at their website and am amazed at their food, it looks amazing. I am definately going to make a trip there when we move to the USA! thanks for posting about it!

• I love that restaurant. All the food is amazing, they also have a great lunch special for 10 bucks. I haven’t had the veggie bread but maybe I’ll go tomorrow, it sounds good!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I definitely want to make it out to Quintessance and Pure Foods and Wine. Their websites look amazing… and I always like to make a gourmet raw dish from Pure Food’s book – Raw Food Real World. Anyone know if Quintessance has an un-cookbook? I couldn’t find a picture of their veggie bread/toast online.

• Zoe I did indeed go and eat there and let me tell you!!! FANTASTIC does not even cover this place. The food was divine and through the whole meal I could not stop saying, “this is so good”. It was and will be a must stop every time I am in New York. I hope they stay open.

Brooklynraw your so lucky to be close to that place. If there was someplace like that here in Dallas I would be eating there twice a day! I had the unmac burger and had it served on the veggie bread! If you go please please see if you can get the recipe. It seemed like it was made with pulp left over from juicing so if thats the case it would be a great way to use that up with out feeding it to the worm and giving me extra fiber.

• germin8, when I went there they did not have a recipe book, that may change if enough us beg them for recipes. LOL If you go to New York don’t miss a trip there. I looked on Pure Food and Wine but it seemed like they had some cooked foods as well. Was I wrong?

• Bellasera, I didn’t make it there today but I will be going soon. I’ll ask them about the bread for you. I don’t think they have a cookbook. I wish they did. They do have an affiliate program you an sign up for. They send you a packet in the mail with a membership card. When you eat there you hand them the card at the end and they give you points. You can use them for discounts next time or free meals, I think. I don’t have enough points yet!

Pure Food & Wine has excellent rawfood. Its suppose to be all raw, not cooked but I think Zoe pointed out they use some ingredients that are not. I have the cookbook and its an excellent source of info and everything I’ve made tastes great. I work 2 blocks away and I just ate an entire pint of their raw Ice cream. It was really good, Aquamarine flavor, made with Blue-green algae. The place is expensive but they have a Pure Juice & Takeaway spot around the corner on 17th street. I go there for juice or a snack occasionally. In general though, I make my own but I’m grateful to have such options so close by.

On a side note…I was in WholeFoods earlier and I saw Pure Food & Wines Products on the shelves. They go under http://www.oneluckyduck.com The prices were higher in wholefoods then at the Takeaway place. I read an article a few months ago where Wholefoods said by June they would have a bigger Raw section in a higher profile section of the store. I guess this aisle is it.

Anyways.. to stay on topic, I’ll scope out that veggie bread soon!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yeah, I think they use some non-raw ingredients… but it’s mostly raw. http://purefoodandwine.com/

You’re lucky to be so close brooklynraw. I want to get the “Eat Raw. Live Long.” shirt! :o) I didn’t know they sold their products at whole foods… haven’t seen it there. Wow, and I’m excited they will have a bigger raw section… ummm, is that just the Whole Foods in NY?

• Geeez, Wichita sucks. Why can’t we have something as wonderful as that?! You guys are lucky! Nothing I makes looks anything like that!

• We have One Lucky Duck products all the way out here on the West Coast, mostly cookies, crackers, cereals, and other dry goods. I saw them in Mother’s Market.

• Hi, I’m not sure if its just the wholefoods in NY or all wholefoods stores. Worth a look though. I like those shirts too!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

the raw transformation cookbook has a veggie pulp bread i havent tried yet but i will now after reading this!!! if im ever in NYC agian ill have to check out this place.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

oooh omshanti will you post it on here if it’s good? veggie pulp bread sounds like such a great idea.