Raw Edamame?

Does anyone know if it’s okay to eat edamame raw? We love it, and I have a few recipes that would be a nice addition to this forum. I was wondering about eating raw corn as well, but that has been answered positively!

Thank you. Maxine.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I would stay away from any edamame, but especially the raw. There are many neurotoxins in soy, and it can damage all your glads. It is especially dangerous for children, particularly boys. For more info. on this, you can visit a website that I have: http://taoistlife.com If you go to the bottom of the page there are links to soy and soy studies that can provide you with research data. Hope this helps!

• Thank you for the information. I did look at the links you provided. I get the argument all the time that Asians have been eating soy foods for centuries with no problem, and it was only when they started eating meat, dairy and caffeine that they developed diseases and conditions. I don’t see that it has affected me in any way, and my naturopath has muscle-tested me with a positive result, but why take chances? I am evolving into raw and don’t plan to ever be 100%, but who knows? If I get a hankering for cooked food, I’ll make another choice.