Complex Carbs

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Where/How exactly do raw foodists get their complex carbs? ...on a fruits, veggies, nuts, & seeds diet (no grains). Which foods or food combinations provide complex carbs?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

some raw foodies eat complex carbs (soaked grains) but most find that they really dont need complex carbs in their diet.I find that simple carbs in fruit is the best source of energy for me. Grains slow me down and so do high amounts of fat. But everyone is different. If you feel that you need complex carbs, then add soaked grains to your daily recipes. There are a couple recipes on here which contain soaked and sprouted grains. (look under the breakfast section)

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m a carb type and do better substituting grain over nuts/seeds. I use sprouted quinoa in my smoothies and make cookies using grain flour that I’ve made. I like sprouted buckwheat too and I sometimes use soaked barley. I find I only need small amounts to feel like I’m getting the benefits of these complex carbs.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

actually, i was concerned about this too. i looked up the definition of complex carbs and found that vegetables (leafy greens and such) are actually considered complex carbs… fruits are simple carbs.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the info! I stopped using grains a while ago… not sure if I want to start again. But, I know I like buckwheat!