almond flour... raw?

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hi all, i am getting ready to drive to sacramentso to get my almonds raw, in the shell, direct from the grower thanks to one of our fine members here…at the commercial kitchen the other day i spoke with the raw cholcolate guy and he says there is a sourse for raw almond and other nut and sprouted grain flours…any one heard of this? he didnt have the info on him at the moment but should leave it there for me… meanwhile has anyone heard of this?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I know you can get raw nut flours. My un-cookbook lists sources (don’t have it with me). But, you can make almond flour buy dehydrating the almond pulp.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes, I just got “Raw” by C.Trotter and Roxanne Klein and in it they talk about sprouted grain flour which they make and sell as a raw ingredient. I believe it is just sprouted grain which they dehydrate and then grind up. Brilliant idea don’t you think? You can buy it from www.rawrox.com but I would make my own:) her website looks like it is under construction..the book it is listed in is from 2003.

I wouldn’t trust non raw food companies to make really raw almond flour. As most companies have a problem getting their temperatures to stay low when grinding commercial quantities of almonds. And they’ll be pasteurised anyway won’t they?!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh yeah, I got that book too. We really enjoy the pad thai recipe. I couldn’t get the crepes recipe to work. And, there are too many mushrooms used in the recipes…. which I don’t really like much.