best juicer for greens and fruit?

Hey everyone, I enjoy my green smoothies but have been feeling drawn to juicing greens for the extra vitamins and decreased bulk for juice fasting. I have been comparing juicer reviews on this site and others and am still trying to figure out if the Greenstar is the best choice, or if there is a better one.

I’d like to be able to do primarily greens but also carrots and hard fruits like apples. I’ve had mixed results making almond butter with my Vita-mix, so I’d also like one that does nut butters. I know, tall order! :) I may need to get a juicer for greens and a cheaper one for fruits…

Is there anyone out there with personal experience with the Greenstar or recommendations for the juicer that might best meet my needs? (Greens/apple/carrot/beet/celery juicing and almond butter maker)?

Thanks for your thoughts and experience!

Comments

• Hi, I am considering buying a VitaMix to make greens drinks mainly but maybe some fruit smoothies. How do you like your Vitamix? What model is it? Does it work at blending everything up as good as they say? Wanda

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I’m a fan of vitamix, but I prefer the Blend tec over the vitamix (I have them both). To me the Blendtec is easier to clean and just as powerful.

Greenstar is by far the best juicer in my opinion. I like that it also does wheatgrass. Hope this helps!

Chef Kristen Suzanne

• I use the Greenstar and it is great. I use the vitamix over the blend tec because i like to control the speed and i can do that better with the vitamix….chefraw.com