Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can broccoli be eaten raw?

Sorry for bad English but I really need to get answer cuz my mom told me it is impossible (I mean not normal or something) and I wish it was!

Best Answer

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

Hi. smile

Broccoli is eaten raw by a lot of people, and not just raw vegans. It's usually served with dip or in a salad. 

Answers

• Coconut GoddessCoconut Goddess Raw Newbie
    ClaireT said:

Hi. smile

Broccoli is eaten raw by a lot of people, and not just raw vegans. It's usually served with dip or in a salad. 

Thank you so much this helped a lot!

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

You're welcome! 

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I grew up eating raw broccoli and carrot sticks smile It's a thing. 

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Broccoli can be eaten raw, but why would you want to? It does not taste good, which should tell you something. It is virtually indigestible due to the high cellulose content and will cause gas. Stick with foods that actually taste good in their raw natural state and were intended as food for humans like fruit and tender leafy greens.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I often munch a piece as I'm preparing the rest to cook and my daughter often asks for a piece raw too. Ani Phyo makes a nice broccoli mash too.

• toddhtoddh Raw Newbie

I might eat a raw piece of squash, zucchini, broccoli or cauliflower while cutting it up and preparing to cook it.