Substitute for Nut Milks?

I don’t have the equipment to make any nut milks, and I haven’t seen any nut milks available in my area. Well, there is an almond milk at the store, but it’s not raw and filled with sugars. Is there something else that I could use as a substitute in recipes until I can make or find nut milk?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

No blender? If you do just blend up some soaked nuts or seeds or even just a banana with some vanilla and agave nectar. Its not absolutely necessary to have a nut bag or strainer.

• Really? I’m ignorant on how to make nut milk. For some reason I thought I needed a vitamix or other more high tech piece of equipment other than a blender. Now, I’m excited. Thank you!

• If you had to you could use a morter pestile (sp?) Just grind a couple tablespoons of soaked nuts and add water. Shake it up if you have a shaker. Add some honey etc. Banana milk is the best!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I like banana milk too. It’s more like a smoothie or it can be thin like a milk. I’ve even made cantelope seed milk that tastes good. Neither have as much fat content as almond milk and it’s not as expensive to make them. You need a nut mylk bag to get the best results from the nut or seed milk. They’re cheap on eBay.