Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Armpits still stink months after detox?

Krista0967Krista0967 Raw Newbie

When I started my armpit detox I did the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar combination since I read that was supposed to speed up the process because my armpits STANK. I did that for a couple weeks and gave it up thinking this is probably good enough, I'll just wait out the rest. Well, I've been waiting for over 6 months now and my armpits still stink. It's not as strong as when I started, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me. For the smell, I have been using an organic Pit Putty deodorant from Bubble and Bee which works for awhile. My boyfriend did the same detox a couple years ago and he NEVER STINKS. Should I just keep waiting it out or do I have to take extra steps? How long did yours take?

Thankyou!

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I use a crystal deodorant and it seems to work well enough. I don't smell unless I've been out jogging. I'm not sure that we can ever 100% eliminate the chance of a smell.  

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Has anyone tried using just lemon as a deodorant? I'm not consistent about it (I don't keep lemons in the bathroom) but I swear it works wonders when I use it.  

• Krista0967Krista0967 Raw Newbie

I've heard of crystal deodorant and lemon recently but haven't tried either, I'll look into lemons first since its cheap! Too bad I don't live in CA anymore with my lemon tree :(

I feel your loss. I used to have a lemon tree right next to my window.

Let me know how the lemon works for you! 

• RinRin Raw Newbie
    Crystal and all natural deodorants don't work for me :(
  • paulstapletonpaulstapleton Raw Newbie

garlic and spices will still stink out your armpits, are you eating a lot of spices?

TammiTrue

Garlic does have that tendency embarassed but I'll never give it up.  

paulstapleton
  • concettapconcettap Raw Newbie

I use deodorants for temporary odor relief. But I regularly apply a mix of corn starch and baking soda under my armpits. It will absorb the excess amount of sweat. Now I don't have any odor problems. 

ClaireTHarmony1
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Do you have to reapply the cornstarch and baking soda mix often? It sounds like an intriguing possibility, as in I already have those things around the house.