Recipes using Coconut Oil?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi, I just bought a jar of coconut oil… thinking it was coconut butter. Can someone recommend some uses? I’m thinking of making the Coconut Fudge Bars… and in smoothies. Or maybe my question should be… HOW do I use it? In sweet dishes, fruit dishes, any dish?

Comments

• shele24shele24 Raw Newbie

Basically use it in anything that you’d use oil, butter or fats. It makes great chocolate, fudges, smoothies, etc etc

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

actually coconut oil is coconut butter. stick it in the fridge and you’ll see what i mean =)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Put that baby in cacao smoothies!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks all.

Thanks pianissima. Really? I have no idea! NO WONDER… b/c it was liquid one day… and solid on a cooler day.

• I thought the difference between coconut oil, butter and cream was the percentage of solids, but I could be wrong. I love them all!

Get the oil to a liquid state, add some cacao powder and agave and pour it over nuts spread out on a plate. Put this in the fridge for a bit and you’ll have a decadent treat. Or use the soft but still somewhat solid oil as a spread w/ garlic on seed “crackers”.

You can always use the oil as a skin moisturizer if nothing else! The bonus with this is that it doesn’t taste bad if it happens to get in someone’s mouth. Ever accidently get a taste of conventional lotion by kissing someone? Yuck!!!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Yes yes, coconut oil is the BEST skin moisturizer ever. You feel so loved to rub it all over yourself (or someone else). Of course it also doesn’t taste nasty, and you smell so yummy… I’ve been using it on my hair and it’s been looking the best it has ever, none of those damn expensive products I used to use (that never worked). I can’t talk about coconut oil enough. I love it. Make me stop.

• MT, you’re making me want to jet to the store and buy the biggest bottle of coconut oil I can find (seriously). How do you use it on your hair?

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Well I have very curly hair that needs a lot of moisture (though not as much now that I stopped washing it). So I need a cream to keep it from frizzing crazy. I never need to use more than a teaspoon of this stuff at a time. I just rub a little bit between my hands until it’s more liquid and then work it into my hair, especially around the ends where it’s dry. I normally do that after water-washing it. Works like magic. Smells yummy too. No one believes me my hair looks this good naturally!