No poo problems

I have washed my hair every 3 days for several years. About 10 months ago I ditched shampoo, first for handmade goatsmilk soap (which i did not like - way too greasy), then just water, then eventually for bs which I liked (at first). Eventually I also switched to raw ACV instead of conditioner. I was pretty happy with it and I even started stretching it to 4 or 5 days between washes about 6 months ago. I thought it looked and felt fine. Then right after stretching it out, about 5 months ago two things happened, 1) I used henna on my hair and to rinse it out I used regular junk filled conditioner 1x. But I also had to wash my hair several times within a day for the whole process. 2) I breastfeed my daughter and my period started back, so I know my hormones changed. Since then my husband noticed my hair is greasy so I went back to every 3 days, but even right after I wash it sometimes it looks greasy. I've stuck it out but im tired of it.. Oh and my hair is naturally curly (as of about 3 years ago), a little course, but not super thick. I don't brush it much or it looks terrible, unless I'm going to straighten which I do on occasion. But thats nothing new. Any suggestions?
ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi :)

What temperature water are you using? I think cooler on the scalp but hotter on the rest of the hair might help the oil get to the right places (the scalp as opposed to the hair). 

shawnavandiepenbosTammiTrue
  • shawnavandiepenbosshawnavandiepenbos Raw Newbie
    I did realise after commenting that I may have started using hotter water in the winter too. I will try your suggestion.
    ClaireTTammiTrue
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Let me know if it helps!

TammiTrue