Coconut Water Substitute

I just got the Rawvolution uncookbook yesterday and noticed alot of the recipes have coconut water as an ingredient. Can you just use water or is there something better? Is the taste of coconut water very strong or sweet?

Comments

• I want that book! Depending on the recipe, I sometimes substitute water, or if it calls for the coconut water & flesh to be blended, I might use water and coconut butter. I’m always happy to have a chance to use the actual coconut water though.

I don’t find the taste of coconut water to be very strong or sweet, but it is distinct. My daughters and I could drink it all day, while my boyfriend (whose taste is less sophisticated-LOL) is sort of turned off by tasting it straight. Good luck with your recipes!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Good question. I just got that book and noticed the same thing… lots of coconut water. The recipes look so good and easy… but, I don’t want to crack open that many coconuts. I don’t have a recommendation.

• shele24shele24 Raw Newbie

I have that book & I use reg water if I don’t have the coconut. It works fine!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Thank You! I was hoping at least water would work. The photography is stunning—just makes you want to run into the kitchen and start uncooking! I’m going to try to sneak the raw cuisine into my husband’s diet. He usually eats anything I put in front of him as long as there is meat. He doesn’t like coconut and although I love the stuff in almond joy and other baked goods I don’t know if I’d like it fresh and I’d have to order over the internet to get any.