Im having some problems...how do I do this?

deer4deer4 Raw Newbie

I have 2 main problems. Incorporating my diet while also feeding my family....and staying raw so I dont screw up my digestion. 

So, I was just given a preliminary diagnosis of MS. Lesions were found in one part of my brain, so they want to do an MRI of my spine. I am also a type 2 diabetic. When I eat raw, not only do I feel better, but my digestion rocks! So to keep me healthy, I really need some advice.

I started experimenting with raw several years ago. I feel so great! Longest I went raw was 3 or 4 months if I remember correctly. It is hard to keep up with. I have a husband and daughter and a son to cook for(my son is now out of the house, but this was the case a couple years ago). They want things I am not able to have. I always go back to cooked food because not only does it smell and look good, but I feel like I am depriving them of what they enjoy. So I eat cooked food and I pay for it dearly. I get nauseaus, diarrhea, sweaty, MS flares (I am on the fence about the MS diagnosis, but for now it makes sense, so I will use that to describe in short what is going on with my body until the doc says otherwise), migraines, light headed, my abdomen feels like there is a ton of gas and distended,its like my intestines and bladder just shutdown. I have actually had abdominal bleeding. After an MRI and a colonoscopy, they didnt find anything. Sometimes, I dont have an appetite for a couple of days.But when I eat raw...I dont have any of these problems. The MS symptoms are far and few between.

How do I do this? How can I incorporate my raw diet and my husbands and kids needs? I also need to have my husband understand the importance of organic. I was told my the doctor to not eat anything with preservatives because it causes inflamation and I am possibly allergic to them as well. I even changed my shampoo and conditioner. I actually gave them up for quite a while. . I really want to stick with the raw diet. I know how to make the recipes, but I am having problems incorporating it into a family meal while meeting everyone's needs. I dont have the time to prepare 2 different meals. I am also really tired of getting sick when I eat cooked food. 

Ideas? Suggestions?

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi :)

In the middle of summer with the heat there may be some raw recipes the family actually appreciates. I know I was happy eating cold food frequently in July and August, so they may be easier to incorporate at this time of year. 

I would also consider making double portions when preparing meals for both yourself and the family so you can save them for later. That way you may actually get away with some mealtimes when the only thing you have to do is throw theirs in the microwave and take yours out of the fridge. Or it may give you some wiggle room to make an all cooked or all raw meal because the other one has already been taken care of. 

sammiec
  • deer4 said:

I have 2 main problems. Incorporating my diet while also feeding my family....and staying raw so I dont screw up my digestion. 

So, I was just given a preliminary diagnosis of MS. Lesions were found in one part of my brain, so they want to do an MRI of my spine. I am also a type 2 diabetic. When I eat raw, not only do I feel better, but my digestion rocks! So to keep me healthy, I really need some advice.

I started experimenting with raw several years ago. I feel so great! Longest I went raw was 3 or 4 months if I remember correctly. It is hard to keep up with. I have a husband and daughter and a son to cook for(my son is now out of the house, but this was the case a couple years ago). They want things I am not able to have. I always go back to cooked food because not only does it smell and look good, but I feel like I am depriving them of what they enjoy. So I eat cooked food and I pay for it dearly. I get nauseaus, diarrhea, sweaty, MS flares (I am on the fence about the MS diagnosis, but for now it makes sense, so I will use that to describe in short what is going on with my body until the doc says otherwise), migraines, light headed, my abdomen feels like there is a ton of gas and distended,its like my intestines and bladder just shutdown. I have actually had abdominal bleeding. After an MRI and a colonoscopy, they didnt find anything. Sometimes, I dont have an appetite for a couple of days.But when I eat raw...I dont have any of these problems. The MS symptoms are far and few between.

How do I do this? How can I incorporate my raw diet and my husbands and kids needs? I also need to have my husband understand the importance of organic. I was told my the doctor to not eat anything with preservatives because it causes inflamation and I am possibly allergic to them as well. I even changed my shampoo and conditioner. I actually gave them up for quite a while. . I really want to stick with the raw diet. I know how to make the recipes, but I am having problems incorporating it into a family meal while meeting everyone's needs. I dont have the time to prepare 2 different meals. I am also really tired of getting sick when I eat cooked food. 

Ideas? Suggestions?

In the middle of summer with the heat there may be some raw recipes the family actually appreciates. I know I was happy eating cold food frequently in July and August, so they may be easier to incorporate at this time of year. 

I recommend you to use electric scooter.

• vatcalvatcal Raw Newbie
    deer4 said:

Ideas? Suggestions?

I would also consider making double portions when preparing meals for both yourself and the family so you can save them for later. That way you may actually get away with some mealtimes when the only thing you have to do is throw theirs in the microwave and take yours out of the fridge. Or it may give you some wiggle room to make an all cooked or all raw meal because the other one has already been taken care of.

ClaireT
  • I lnow your questiin was asked some time ago, but I am nee to this community.  I am married to a vegan and I care for my mother who is not. Some days the temptation is truly there,  so I feel your pain. I use to be an emotional binge eater, and I constantly would break from the healthy lifestyle I desired to have. 

I have gastroparesis (my stomach processes food slowly, making it difficult to take meds, and often times my stomach hurt after meals. I would have distant bloating, I was a type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure and cholesterol and I am a cancer aurvivor of 2 years. 

One day I just got tired of being sick. Fast forward to one month of clean eating and no cheating, the results have been phenomenal.  

The Dr. Told me months ago I had growth in the area in which cancer had been removed. Imagine my fear. I refused to get biopsied and started my RAW Vegan journey. 3 months since being told of the growth and 1 month RAW the growth is gone,  Im no longer diabetic, my blood preasure readings are normal, awaiting my next cholesterol check, I am now able to eat salads and more fruits/veggies (I could barely eat anything, a banana would make me full and make my tummy ache a little - it didnt take much), my appetite has actually increased and Im able to eat more. 

Make sure you are filled up with what you need for self bedore cooking. The temptation will not be as great. If you are not able to drink a smoothie or munch on fresh fruit while cooking.  It can be challenging, but IT CAN BE DONE. Always remember your WHY? Why did you start? NOTHING tastes as good as HEALTHY feels. Just remind yourself of this ALWAYS. You've got this.  If you fell off by time you read this, start again. I'm rooting for you. We all need a cheerleader, Ill be that for you. laughing

ClaireT