Buying raw foods!

humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hey guys I really want to buy some carob and mesquite powder. I have been looking on a few websites and goldmine natural foods has 5lbs bulk bag of carob and 6 oz mesquite, but the problem is that both come to $34.43 and for that price I am a bit paranoid. Im not sure if it is raw or not. Any suggestions on websites or how to tell if your products are truly raw or not? Or do you just have to trust the people selling the stuff to you?

Thanks!!

Comments

• I trust Natural zing for all the raw food odds and ends. I just purchased some mesquite powder through them.. and i can’t wait to use it! [hmm.. how to use it??] i usually get things like incan berries, cacao nibs, cocoa powder.. etc. they have FANTASTIC olives and various raw treats. mmmm.. raw treats.

http://www.naturalzing.com/

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

nice! Yeah I think I will just go with them then. I have ordered from them before and their service is pretty good :)

Thanks!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I have an order on the way from goldmine natural foods. I got a 5 Lb.bag of oats and a couple of other things but they haven’t arrived yet. It is hard to find untoasted or unsteamed oats and I can’t give them up just yet! I talked to a farm in my area and they said they weren’t allowed to sell the oats for human consumption without the heat treatment. I got some raw cocoa from Alissa Cohen’s website and it was actually from natural zing. Of course it was cheaper at natural zing!

• essential living foods is really good