Healing the body

I have struggled with bulimia in the past. It has taken me a while to actually talk to people about this – rather than be consumed by the ‘stigma’.

I am just starting to make some progress on this and I really feel for the first time that I am getting better.

Being raw has transformed my relationship with food completely. I view it with respect as well as I now view my body with respect.

Does anybody have any recipes/ foods that they know of, which they feel would greatly aid in healing the body?

I would be very appreciative if you could pass those onto me -

If anybody else is going through a similar struggle maybe we could keep each other informed of our progress.

Comments

• I did not struggle with bulimia or anorexia but I did have a very strong addiction to food, specially cooked food. I struggled for a long long time with over eating due to emotional reasons. I did not even knew I was doing that until I detox and water-fasted for the first time back in 2002. I can tell you this. Because raw food is whole, it is much more difficult to overeat, specially after a water-fast. You just get full quicker. So, after a while, my struggle went away, but if I begin eating denaturalized cooked foods again, my addiction kicks up again and I get sick. What I learned from Natural Hygiene practices, oposite to what other phylosophies believes, is that food does not heal the body. The body heals itself. You can be eating the most healthy raw food you could ever imagine but if your intestine is sick and you have never water-fasted, it would not heal completely. The body, when given the right conditions, raw food one among others, wil heal itself. Other conditions are fresh air, sun, rest, emotional poise, recreation, sleep, exercise. I healed my body back in 2002 with 6 weeks of detox fresh fruits, followed by 3 short water fast (2, 3, 2 days) and continuing with a fresh fuit meals in between. No nuts. no salt, no condiments, no added sweeteners, nothing. After three months, I had a new body, healed from chronich fatigue, fibromialgia, digestive problems, acne, dermatitis, seborea, anxiety attacks, depression, you name it. After 6 months (including a 3 week summer vacation at the beach sun tanning everyday), I was no weak anymore and completely healed. So, the righ food is just a part of healing the body, the body uses it, not the other way around.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Hi Radish Man, I’m not bulemic, but I have/had a serious problem with binge eating followed by purging with exercise and fasting. Then the cycle begins again after the talk with myself about eating healthy! I have struggled with this my whole life, it seems and I have just discovered raw food and like you my relationship with food is transforming. I think the most healing and satisfying thing to me right now is the green smoothie. I drink 2 pts per day and my appetite is just not the monster it used to be. I still have the psychological issues of wanting to eat at times although I don’t feel that hungry and lunch is still a troublespot because I’m really hungry then and tend to eat too much, especially nuts. If you haven’t read David Wolfe’s Sunfood Diet Success System, I’d reccommend it. If I’d have had the info contained in those first lessons on thoughts, goals, beliefs, etc. when I was a teenager, I’d have been alot better off! My thoughts and prayers are with you.