raw soup help!

Hey everybody

The deal is I seem to be having bad luck with raw soup. I

Comments

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

What kinds of cooked soup do you usually like?

I like creamy, garlicky foods and I adore celery. So my raw soups usually start with a nut milk base, and then I add garlic, celery, salt, lime juice, and whatever other veggies and seasonings I feel like.

If you prefer tomato based soups, start with tomatos.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have made this cucumber soup recipe on this site many times and it is very tasty and a hit at raw potlucks! I add nutritional yeast to mine sometimes and some green onion and freshly cracked peppercorns to add some extra zing.

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/844-Creamy-Cucum…

Also, for the corn chowder, Alissa Cohen actually recommends using frozen corn instead of fresh sometimes. If you have any frozen in your area, I am sure it would work out just as good. I have made with frozen before and it worked fine.

I like creamy soups too. I also like them salty. They are hard to get right raw. I found that cashews do the trick for creamyness. There is also a veg stock recipe on here that might help for making a soup base.

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/167-Veg-Stock

One more trick is that if you ever liked cheesy tasting soups. Make a raw “cheese” sauce and add that to the soup. It really great to make a tangy soup.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I posted a tomato/red bell pepper soup recipe that I make all the time. I think the trick is to add chopped vegetables to the bowl after blending. Otherwise, it’s just a savory smoothie. I also like to grind pumpkin seeds with seasalt and sprinkle that on top. It is reminescent of parmesan cheese. Fruit soup is more like a sauce to me. Pour it over sliced fruit for a sweet treat or over dehydrated pancakes as a syrup.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I like this easy curried carrot soup. It feels nice and warm. 123’s red pepper soup looks quite tasty as well. That is on my list of recipes to try!

• greenie- I think that the nut based creamy soup might be what I need in my life :) When I get my hands on some cashews, it

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

This tomato soup is just like cream of tomato soup, it is divine! Everyone loves it!

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/775-Not-Campbell…

I use avocado in other kinds of soup to get a creamy satisfying texture.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Someone mentioned that the brand, Cascadian Farm, flash freezes… so, maybe they are not blanched or heated before freezing. So, technically… that brand of corn would be raw.

I don’t have much luck with soups. But I do like the carrot soup online here. And Victoria Boutenko’s basic raw soup is delicious.

If recipes uses lemons/limes, make sure the juice tastes right – that can make or break a soup. Same for garlic. And it helps if food has flavor (like fresh, ripe, organic).

When I make a soup more than once… it never tastes the same as the last one.