itchy ear problems

My ears (especially the left one) have been chronically itchy since I went 100% raw 3 months ago. Otherwise, I have experienced significant benefits and improvements in my overall health. Is this a detox or diet related thing? Or should I visit a doctor (REALLY don’t want to resort to that).

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Do you have sort of like dry flakey skin or wax coming out of your ear?

I notice a difference in my ear “discharge” if you will depending on how raw or not-raw I am.

When I am more raw, I tend to have practically no waxy ear wax but my ears (or should I say the skin of my ear – mostly inside the ear) tends to get flakey and sometimes itches. So, I really think it is detox.

If I go back to eating cooked food, I will have no itchy ears but my ear wax amout will increase and get darker.

I really think our bodies detox out our ears in the forms of ear wax. You are supposed to have some ear wax to protect the ear but it is over secreted when our diets are bad.

Unless you feel a blockage in your ears, you probably don’t need to go to the doctor. But if you do, don’t try to remove the wax or buildup your self, you could unintentionally damage your hearing. In that scenario, it is worth it to go to a doctor who can remove the wax for you.

I think most oils like coconut oil should be safe to rub a little bit in your ear but only on the skin part – don’t put it in the ear canal. I think sweet oil is safe to put in your ear if you need to moisturize inside.

• Yeah…hardly any wax in these ears! I will try the moisturizing trick, I’ve got a precious jar of coconut oil here. Thanks!