green smoothies with carob or chocolate

NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

Can anyone recommend a green smoothie recipe that incorporates either carob powder or raw coco for a more chocolate taste?

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

You could just use a tasteless green, like lettuce, bananas, chocolate, agave nectar and some avocado (optional) for creamiess. Add almond milk or just water. A dash of seasalt will make it taste “buttery”.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I have one posted on my blog (www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com) along with many other smoothie and raw food recipes.

But, basically, just take something like a handful of spinach, 2 tablespoons raw chocolate or raw carob, 2-3 bananas and give it a whirl. You’re good to go. It’s delicious and FUN!

Cheers! Kristen Suzanne

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I posted my black and green smoothie, I tried it at first with baby greens and spinach, and it worked well, but I also gave kale a try and it was fine! Matt also loves arugula in his cacao smoothies, he says the flavours goes very well together.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I have found that chocolate and carob are not a 1-to-1 measurement. Carob has a certain “taste” that you can’t eat too much of… (or at least I can’t). I find, I like to use about 1/4th of the carob.

As for a smoothie… I was just about to make the chocolate cherry ice cream (using carob) this morning as a smoothie… adding almond milk.

Oops, I just realized you asked for a green smoothie…