How long can detoxing last?

I have been raw about a month and a half, but decided to go 100% raw for 30 days last week. I have no energy and am just weak. Initially I had headaches and was tired but that has gone away, just weak and can’t really get it up to go out or exercise. Luckily, I work from home so I’m no totally incapacitated. I’m eating lots of greens and trying to not overload on nuts but I eat some everyday. My appetite has been greatly reduced also. Has anyone else experienced this? My family is tired of me being always tired.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It will change. The bulk of the detox which you are going through should be over in about 2 months of 100%. I found that my symptoms which were just like yours, disappeared as soon as I did yoga. Yoga or any other exercise helps move the toxins out of your body quicker than if you are just being still. Yoga is a good one because it isn’t too strenuous, just nice and gentle but very powerful.Try the Tibetan Rites, these are just 5 yoga poses which takes a few minutes and they have incredibly powerful results, really it is amazing what the Tibetan Rites can do for you! Here’s a link: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

People differ on how long their detox is and what happens to them during it. Some people say that to fully detox the body takes years. It probably does, but luckily the positive effects of having more energy and feeling better all round just swamp you and the detox is not felt too much after 2-3 months 100%.

I feel that massage and other alternative therapies also help to move the toxins out of your body quicker, particularily lymphatic drainage massage.

I know you feel like it is an uphill struggle, but you’ll be through it soon. If you can’t take it any more, have some cooked food, it will stop the detox and give you a break. Or you could juice/water fast to get it over with quicker it will speed the detox up.It is under your control, you can play with how you do this.

• Zoe, Thank you for all you wrote. It was a little surprising to see that it could be another month until I get stronger but it is comforting to know I can control it. I’ve been thinking about doing yoga but couldn’t get motivated to do it. Your suggestion and the link will help me start. I think I may try a water fast also to move things along. I am commited to healing so I will continue to move forward on this raw path. Thanks again

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

No problem, it’s my pleasure. You can email me from our website www.purelyraw.com if you need any extra support.