Dehydrating tofu

i’m a vegan i don’t think i could ever go 100% raw but i atleast wanna go half-way, i have a recipe for tofu that tastes just like fried chicken and was wonedring if i could dehydrate it as like a jerky. Would that work?

Comments

• good question. I believe you can.

• Hey … good for you with eating more raw. Just to say, though, because tofu isn’t raw before you yourself cook it, I don’t know how much difference dehydrating it instead of cokking it would really make in terms of health.

You could try eggplant bacon on the dehydrator (includes nama shoyu – also not strictly raw, but some raw foodists use it). Some say this tastesa little like jerky.

Good luck.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

If you want a raw recipe that tastes like chicken, my bf recently made something that resembles chicken strips.

I don’t have a full recipe but it is basically pieces (or strips) or young coconut meat that is coated with a breading and the breading tastes like Shake and Bake.

I know the breading has poultry seasoning in it (which you can get from Simply Organics – it is vegan don’t worry) and I think flax but I don’t know what else. Next time my boyfriend makes it – I can get the exact recipe and I’ll post it. I think it was sort of an experiement first time for him.

Anyhow, it does resemble chickin strips or nuggets. You just coat the coconut meat in the breading and than dehydrate – not sure how long on the dehydration though. I think just until the breading stick on there good and it is slightly dried out like chicken. You still want to keep some moisture in there.

Also the raw bacon recipe that is mentioned above in under my name on here if you want to try making it – it is jerky like in texture. No Nama Shoyu in my recipe though. :)