Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Does raw food really cure?

rawgirl1976rawgirl1976 Raw Newbie

Does anybody have any personal experiences or know of somebody that hada serious illness then after going raw they were cured? I

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi rawgirl1976~ For one “view” about “cures”, see my comment on the “Starch?” thread.

A suggestion about approaching your friend (so your friend stays a friend), show your friend the door for info and let your friend open and walk through it. Just think about your experience the last time someone tried to “convince” you of something… now, if your friend has a life threatening disease and is new to the prognosis, throw in a lot of fear on top of that.

Most people who have a disease are approached by everyone under the sun who “knows better” then them, UGH!

My best to you and your friend.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I recall a thread about this where many members commented on problems cured or improved. I think it is under the Being Raw forum, maybe a month ago? I’d have gone through for you and found it but my connection is too slow!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I think that the term “eating raw” is too non-specific. You can eat a healthy raw, balanced diet and a poor raw diet. I eat raw and have expermented with several diets: transitional, Natural Hygiene, 80/10/10, green smoothies. I have included some foods and excluded others. I have improved in health over three years of eating raw and have not yet come to the point of being healed from having MS. The body heals, not the food, but the food gives the body what it needs to get the work done. It takes time.

I think it would be easier if you would invite your friend over for lunch and demonstrate how you eat, how good it tastes and how good you feel. Teach by example.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i’ve been close to 100% raw for about 4 months now. i will give you a short run down of positive effects:

within 4 days of going raw, my arthritic pain completely dissappeared. later talking with a doctor, he feels i had undiagnosed celiac sprue disease, and my avoidance of wheat got rid of all my symptoms. arthritis was only one of the symptoms.

i reversed hypothyroid and all symptoms, including depression, fatigue, low energy. had my levels checked and they came back completely normal and i don’t need to take medication.

my blood pressure went from 140/115 down to 113/74, the lowest it has ever been.

resting heart rate went from 120 down to 88. it had been high my whole life.

i have type 1 diabetes and i have reduced my insulin intake by close to half. i still struggle with diabetes, and it is frustrating, but i have seen enough improvement that i want to keep going, after all it has only been 4 months.

i have lost 15-18 pounds.

i should also mention that prior to going raw, i had a healthy diet by most people’s standards. i was mostly vegetarian, i would consume fish on occasion, mostly since i became diabetic 3 years ago, no other meat in about 20 years.

• Hi stylistchick, try eating fenugreek sprouts, it is supposed to bring blood glucose levels down significantly. You can also drink the water in which the seeds are soaked during the soak period of sprouting. You can find lot of info on this, google Fenugreek & Diabetes

• I think there was some info on this under a fibromyalgia thread.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I am sure that it takes time to heal when trying the raw lifestyle… days, months, years… guess it depends what one has.

I personally had absolutely no benefit for the first two months I was raw. So, I decided to do a cleanse instead. That really helped me. I am sure (for me) food combining is key… but, I haven’t tried it.

• Sorry for my POOR english but I would like to say something what can help a litle… Sorry to hear about your friend…I know its hard to try to change diet for even our family members.I found the best way to give them something to read about how raw food is healthy.You can print or email to hear some info together with invite her for few dinners or lunches.Raw diet has to be born in our minds…so she must have some reason to want to eat like that.There is for sure that she will feel much better even if her problem will not dissapear in 2 weeks,but the most important thing is that when she will eat raw her body will have much more energy for healing…raw food giving us energy because our digestion doesnt need too much energy as with “normal” food.So try to talk this way.Her body needs more energy which she can get with raw food and thats why her problem might cure…slowlu but certainly. Good luck

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I became interested in the raw diet when I saw what it did for one of my friends with cancer 8 or 9 years ago.

You may have watched “Crazy, Sexy, Cancer” on TLC. If you didn’t, you can bring up the trailer by going to you tube and typing “Crazy Sexy Cancer” as the search words.

The lady who did the documentary has her own blog. I have meant to post a way to go comment on her blog, but I don’t have a blogspot blog. And didn’t set up the blog to allow anonymous commenters like me. She mentioned that she gets 100 or more e-mails a day. So she knows the volume of who may be out here watching, just not typing anything electronically. Here’s her blog:http://crazysexycancer.blogspot.com/

• ZaZa Raw Newbie

bipolar disorder, thyroiditis, chronic infections (pneumonia, staph infections, yeast infections) candida, migraines, and, to top it all off, thyroid cancer.

yes. all can be cured but don’t deceive yourself: it’s not the food that’s healing you, it’s you that’s healing you. eliminating toxicity does a lot toward that end.

for healing I recommend a WHOLE raw food diet, not gourmet recipes. and sunlight, elimination of stressors and environmental toxins, colonics, excercise, everything natural. food is not magic, but we must eat (usually). so when we eat, let it be the purest food available, preferably food in exactly the state it can be found in nature.

good luck!