Quiona

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Everytime I try to use quiona (hope that is the right spelling) it tastes bitter. I soaked for a day, washing several times. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet, does someone know how to get rid of that bitterness?

Comments

• I believe the spelling is Quinoa and you say keen-wa. What color are you using? The store were I shop only has white, but I’ve heard there are other colors and they may taste different. I haven’t experienced bitterness. You could try sprouting for a day or so after the soak and see if you like any of the ages better. Or you could add lemon juice so you don’t notice it? I like 24 hours of soaking and then about another 24-36 hours with a few rinses. Rinse VERY well at the end, and then add vinegar and oil and chopped veges. You can wrap in nori sheets if you like. I have also dehydrated quinoa sprouts and added to many things for extra nutrition.

These things can be stored in a jar in the fridge, but beware! Quinoa is native to the Andes and adapted to cold temps. It grows in the fridge!!!