Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Gone Raw's newest member!

Hi everyone.. sorry it’s been a little while since I’ve been here. I wanted to let everyone know that Saturday I delivered my little girl, by ceserean, and I just got home today. We had to go the operation route because she was very over due and the doctors were concerned about her, she ended up being a very health (also very big) beautiful baby. I am so thankful that everything went wonderfully and I am able to relax at home with my new family and enjoy being a mom!!

Her name is Baraan (Pronounced Bar-on) which means rain in Kurdish. I thank all of you so so much for your support and your prayers and wishes for me and for my baby. I’m truely blessed to have found this site and have met such great people!

Yours truely K-Mom

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hurray for baby Baraan! (and you too or course, K-mom)! What wonderful news and I am so thankful that you shared it with us. What a beautiful name.

Did you start labor on your own, or was it just not happening? Either way, outcome is the same, a big, beautiful baby girl!

Congratulations on your blessing!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Congratulations, K-Mom. I can feel your joy and wonder in your post. Long, happy life to Baraan, and to all your family.

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and welcome, Baraan! a beautiful name…. it makes me very happy to know that a child is entering this world with a mother who takes such good care of herself. there is so much hope in that. may your newly grown family be blessed with much joy and health and love…..

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Congratulations K-Mom and (growing) family! Another bridge for peace has been born.

As a new mom, you might be seeking some resources. Check out: http://www.dunstanbaby.com/. Priscilla Dunstan has a model for decoding baby cries.

May your husband and you always experience a full basket of patience. May Baraan quickly learn to sleep through the night. May the family always quickly true-up to happiness, health, and love when they veer off the path.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Awwww. Your baby is the newest Gone Raw memeber… and I’m sure the youngest! :-) Congratulations KurdishMom.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

CONGRATULATIONS!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Congratulations, K-Mom and to our youngest member! What a lovely name.

• Congratulations from Portland, Oregon!

• Thanks so much everyone! And thank you bluedolfin for the link, thankfully Baraan only cries when it’s time to eat, but what a set of lungs when she does! It’s still sort of unreal to me that she’s mine and I don’t have to give her back to anyone. We’ve decided that when she’s old enough we’ll be trying some of the great baby food recipes that are here and keeping her away from the SAD/SKD (standard kurdish diet) as much as possible. We hope that by setting an example more people here will give raw some serious thought. Mostly we want our little girl to have the best start of life. Thanks again! K-Mom

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Your welcome K-Mom~ So when do we get to see pictures of the miracle? :-)

• Pics will be soon but I still don’t know how to post pics yet it seems so it’ll be copy and paste the link when I do.

• Congrats!!! Thats so exciting :)

• YAY!!!! Wow what a good fortune to be born to a mom like you!!!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Congratulations K-mom! Welcome Baraan! Enjoy the ride. :O)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

YAY KMOM!!!!! I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU NONSTOP LATELY AND HOPING FOR THIS VERY JOYFUL OUTCOME! BARAAN IS A BEAUTIFUL NAME….CANT WAIT FOR PICS,DOES SHE HAVE BLACK HAIR? HOPE YOU HEAL QUICKLY FROM THE C SECTION. AWESOME NEWS!!! BLESSINGS BLESSINGS BLESSING…WHEN CAN I SEND YOU SOME GOODIES?

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

CONGRATULATIONS!!! that is such incredible news, and what a pretty pretty name

• Congratulations! What a beautiful name, I can’t wait to see pictures!

• How joyous! Many wishes for more wonderful occurrences to you and your family!!

• Spiritedmama sorry I never got around to answering your questions.. We tried Pictocin first to augment the light contractions I was having but it never panned out, it seems she was still malpositioned and it was difficult for her to decend which is when the decision to operate came in. Still on the road to recovery but totally enjoying being a mom! I guess I’m still in the “fun-dreamy” part of momhood.. I know that as she gets a little older it becomes more of a challenge but I’m just happy to have her. I’m finishing the photos tonight and will post the link as soon as I have it. Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and wishes! K-Mom