help with cookies!

I have a sort of mash that I occasionally eat and munch on for a while, but I think that I could turn it into a cookie if I only knew how to bind the ingredients (it is rather crumbly). Any suggestions? Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight 1/4 cup water a few dried fruit (i like dates and figs) 2 tbsp dried coconut a little ground or fresh ginger arils of 1 pomegranate

All I do is put all the ingridients into a blender except the pomegranate arils, which I stir in last. Any input would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

Comments

• You could try dates, agave nectar, ground flaxseed.. coconut oil or butter.. any of those or a combination of those might work. :]

• thank you, i’ll be sure to try some of those!

• Try using ground flaxseed. The flax will soak up the water and hold everything together.

Sounds yummy!! Please post the recipe when you get it all figured out. I have a few cookie recipes that I am working on right now too.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

is an aril the seed? that’s such a great word! does it apply to any other fruit?

• I added 2 tbsp raw agave and 3 tbsp ground flaxseed but still didn’t get the consistency I wanted. However, it did make it delicious! Thanks for the tips and if I ever get it to turn out I’ll be sure and post the recipe. This is only my 4th day going raw so I’ve been doing a lot of experimentation haha. But anyway, I checked out Wikipedia and it said that an aril is the fleshy part that covers the seed, like in mangosteen, pomegranate, and the mace that covers nutmeg. And I agree, it is a great word :)