Raw version of Payday Bar???

If anyone can give me a recipe for something that tastes like a Payday candy bar (sweet and salty), I would sooo appreciate it. I am craving that salty sweet taste! I’m sure someone can come up with this. I am a newbie as of about 2 months ago and haven’t figured out how to make up my own recipes yet. Thanks!

Comments

• PamPam

I am totally making this up, but it might work. Try combining dates, almond butter and a little dark agave in a food processor. Then, take about a half cup of nuts (maybe pine nuts or macadamias) and pulse them in the food processor with a couple teaspoons of olive oil and some sea salt to taste. (I know that these proportions work for the nuts, so if you need less, make adjustments accordingly. Then put the date/almond butter mixture in a bowl and stir in the salty nuts! This may come close.

My other suggestion would be to use the same nut mixture and a caramel sauce. This is a caramel sauce from “I am Grateful,” a recipe book from the Cafe Gratitude in San Franciso. Honestly, the caramel sauce in the restaurant is to die for. But the recipe in the book is NOT the same. However, it will probably do for this purpose: Combine 1 c. macadamia nuts, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 c. almond milk, 1/2 c. agave, 1/4 t. vanilla and 1/2 to 1 t. yacon syrup. Blend, blend, blend. I could never get this to be smooth so it’s too grainy to be good, but would work for a nutty candy bar. Don’t add too much yacon or it will turn green. Frankly, I don’t think the yacon does much, so if you don’t have it, don’t worry about it. Use dark agave if you have it so the caramel sauce will be darker (but it won’t be the rich golden-brown of caramel like in the restaurant). Good luck!

• Thanks! I will try these recipes. If the caramel sauce is grainy, that is what I need! The payday is kind of like that grainy caramel taste on the inside and just covered in salty peanuts, so that just may work (I know, no peanuts, but I have pine nuts and macadamias & will try those). I’ll let you know how it worked.

• PamPam

Great… I’ll be interested to hear!