Cooked Drink

germin8germin8 Raw Master

thinking aloud

I have a question regarding enzymes and liquids (non-water).

I’m not trying to be picky about 100% raw… or not eating cooked (because I do eat both cooked and living foods).... it’s just that this question occurred to me today as I was thinking about a veggie broth sitting in my fridge.

Does our body have to digest the things we drink? Take the veggie broth for example, if someone cooked (yes cooked) a veggie soup. The nutrients are in the water. If drank, does our body have to produce the enzymes to digest it? I think so… But, I’m guessing that the nutrient rich water is easily absorbed by our bodies and requires less enzymes. I’m sure some nutrients are also left with cooking… but I just wonder about those in the broth.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i know nothing but would love to hear an expert on this one. my question would be about herbal tea though.

instinctively it doesn’t seem like a good idea…

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I consider tea an extraction of active ingredients. Healthful compounds must survive the steeping or there would be no observed health benefits. I’m sure some compounds are destroyed but certainly not all. I think veggie broth has health benefits also and would require very little digestion. In ph Miracle, veggie broth is recommended during a cleanse. I think it is along the lines of making tea. The water should probably be kept at a simmer though, not a boil. This is just my opinion- I’m no expert!