Our struggle is almost over

This is great, I was one of them that posted many times about the struggle to stay raw, it has been a journey to say the least, well, I’m happy to say we are almost there.How did we do it? well after many dissapointing and wasted meals we found “Green for Life” by victoris boutenko this book has been a miracle for us personally.Green Smoothies for breakfast and lunch we can do. we don’t necassarilly follow her smoothie recipes, frankly we have a $100 dollar a week grocery budget to follow, that’s not easy to do either and we can’t always do organic, but we do the best we can and there have been changes taking place, we are so happy,we have large honey jars we put the put the smoothies in and take it with us along with our plastic zoo cups with the bendable straws.It’s our perfect solution. We had to do it slowly and we are still tweaking everything to fit it all together money wise, we still eat a cooked dinner and are working toward replacing some of those with raw meals,so this is our last hurdle, what to fix for dinner, I can’t aquire a taste for nut loaves, yet, and nuts in general are pricey, my husband isn’t a vegetable eater, so that’s where the green smoothies came in , you can’t tell your eating them,perfect! I guess we could always have desserts for dinner,right? Oh and my aunt is having a bon fire this weekend so we are wanting to go but know we will probably fall off the raw food wagon while we are there,hot chili on a cold evening is to tempting. Monark

Comments

• Good for you guys for all your effort! I can totally relate to the grocery cost/organic crunch because we also try to stick to the $100/weekly mark which certainly can be a challenge. Just remember that you don’t HAVE to go %100 raw. Do what you can when you can. If you only do %50 raw one day it’s still better than %100 cooked. Best wishes :)

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

why not have a raw soup and salad for dinner? i’m not sure if you have a dehydrator, but if you do you should be able to substitute pretty easily for a cooked meal. miso soup is a good transitional meal, it is not raw but living food. you can add all sorts of raw vegetables to it and shiitakes.

you are almost there! good luck!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

You could also try learning about, and picking, wild greens for your smoothies. Free, organic, and tasty!

• Oh ya, I even have a book on wild edibles for my state, never thought of that.thanks for those ideas. Monark