Raw in Tucson

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hey all. We’re planning our trip to Tucson… has anyone been to the raw restaurant in Tucson:

Anjali Botanica Restaurant – 330 East 7th, Tuscon, AZ 85705

Their webpage is not helpful… I don’t see anything about a raw restaurant, just a spa. Is it in Anjali?

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi germin8, I have been in AZ for almost 3 years now, and I have never heard of a raw restaurant in Tucson. There used to be one in Tempe, and there is a yoga studio that does raw retreats in Hot Springs, AZ, near Tucson, but that is the only thing I know of. There is a raw restaurant in Sedona (Raw Bliss), and one that is veg (Delish) that has some raw menu items. That is the only raw restaurant in AZ that I have heard of. Let me know if you find it, and how you like the food. I may have to check it out the next time I am down south!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Anjali is a yoga place too… maybe it’s the same one.

I found it listed on this site: http://rawinaz.com/rawarizona.html

...and other sites. They say “100% raw”. Some sites say, opening in 2003… others say opening in 2004. Maybe it’s still not open.

Where is Hot Springs, AZ? We’re mainly touring south of Tucson.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hot Springs AZ is near Tucson, I am not sure of exact location, but believe it is a littl North West of Tucson. I have not been there myself, but would LOVE to do the raw yoga retreat there. It sounds AMAZING! Hope you find it!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

You should make a trip to Tree of Life and see Gabriel Cousen’s place (that’s Raw)...it’s in patagonia. I’ve not been there yet, but maybe it’s 45 minutes from Tucson. Check out their website at http://www.treeoflife.nu/cafe.html Cheers :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Some of those places are out-of-the-way for us, but Thanks for all the info! If we need something to do… we’ll have to check it out.

We will at least drive by that other restaurant/spa to see if they have anything raw. I’ll keep you posted if I find something.