Using Vegetable Pulp

RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I have several recipes that i want to try that call for vegetable pulp from juicing, including carrot and butternut squash. I am wondering how it would impact on the recipe if i just put the whole vegetable in the food processor and process it that way. Has anyone ever experimented using processed veggies instead of pulp? I also wonder if it would work with nuts. Instead of using the pulp from nut milk, just processing water and the nuts to make your pulp. Anybody?

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I don’t have a juicer so for recipes asking for veggie pulp I simply blend the veggies and strain out the water. That’s probably easier to clean than most juicers anyways. Leaving the excess water in would probably just make the recipe take longer to dehydrate, or perhaps give the veggies a slightly stronger taste. I can’t think of what else it would do.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Interesting comment Raw Chocoholic. One of the recipes I would like to make calls for carrot pulp and carrot juice. You then mix the two together, in specific proportions. I just don’t understand why you just can’t process it together to being with.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Hmmmm . . . well, if it’s a recipe you plan on making often I’d probably say to try it both ways, and see if there’s a difference. Which recipe is it you’re using anyways?