Food BY Color

The interesting thing about food and nourishment of any kind be it oral.emotional or spiritual can be augmented by color.. Last week I had a dream about my daughters raw diet and realized with winter coming on the psyche loves comfort so what better way to massage than color: I suggested to her she keep a chart of color of her intake..how much green she was eating,orange,red purple. etc…. and with this simple chart she could navigate her nutrition… so we atarted making what I would call rainbow food… the plating is exquisite..often 3 dimensional and with humour…like a stage set: we have created such plates as “alien jungle forest”.the exoctic avocado meadow…the fawn and the volcano…you get the idea : to create almost like a piece of art for the eye to savor and the palate to enjoy : layers of tastes and textures…one’s fork being the taste archeoligist….food should always be an adventure: it takes up so much of our day … my grandfather used to eat a pear horizontally: carefully removing a hemosphere at a time untilonly a slim neat core was left…those were in the days that a man and his pocket knife were never seperated….I core pear with a melon baller…and fill the cavity with a delice of my choice….............. it is the art of food that keeps us alert..this dedication to detail makes the senses dance and makes each bite more memorable…
so bon appetit! I will be adding recipes regularly….........and a few photos… get out your paint boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxoooo cuisine cru

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

that was so well said, and i completely agree. i find that the idea of munching on carrot sticks all day is what scares people from raw food from the get go, i know because being someone who loves working with food, and having my cooking be ritualistic in a way, the fear of losing that was strong. i soon realized, however, that raw vegan food gets me even closer to the culinary experience, because i’m working with the true form of every food i prepare. it really should be enjoyable and fun. and what a great way to get a kid excited about raw food!